Halloween is great fun for both kids and adults, but with a few simple steps, you can help make it a safer experience for everyone. Here are a few Halloween safety tips.
- Light up your pumpkins. Put a glow stick or battery-powered light inside your jack-o-lanterns instead of real candles to reduce fire risk.
- Use the same street rules. Just as you would with any other day of the year, make sure your kids only cross the street at corners or crosswalks and look both ways before crossing.
- Make your costumes glow. Apply strips of reflective tape to your kids’ costumes. This will make it easier for drivers to see them on the road.
- Stay together. Do not let children under 12 years of age go trick-or-treating without an adult. While you may have done so as a child, we all know the world is a different place now.
- Use makeup instead of masks. Masks can obstruct a child’s vision. In place of a mask, try creating the desired look with makeup and face paint.
- Wear regular shoes. Shoes that are too big or uncomfortable can cause a child to trip or fall while walking. If the right shoes are an important part of their costume, look for shoe covers that go over their regular shoes to get the right look.
Here at Sun State Ford, we hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween this year.