Here in Florida, fall may not be crisp and cool, but it is still wonderful. Temperatures are a bit milder, which makes some outdoor activities more enjoyable. Here are five ways to spend the fall in Florida.
- Camping. If you avoided camping in the heat of the summer, go now. Florida is packed with natural beauty. Find a great spot along the Florida National Scenic Trail for good hiking.
- Manatees. Homosassa is the ideal place to see these gentle creatures. The spring waters are 72 degrees all year long.
- Food & Wine Festival. This amazing festival is held at EPCOT and lasts for weeks, giving you plenty of time to fit it into your schedule. It is going on now and lasts through November 13th.
- Craft Fair. About 30 minutes northwest of Orlando is the quaint town of Mount Dora. Each fall, it hosts a popular craft fair that showcases the talents of more than 400 artists from Florida and abroad. The fair will be held October 29th and 30th this year.
- Horseback Riding. Enjoy the beautiful coastline from the back of horse. Take a ride on Amelia Island, at Fort Pierce, or anywhere else along the sandy shores.
At Sun State Ford, we hope everyone has recovered from Hurricane Irma and can enjoy a relaxing, fun fall.