For some people, especially young children, long car rides can be anything but fun thanks to car sickness. If you or someone in your family is susceptible to motion sickness while driving, here are a few tips on how to prevent car sickness.
- Do not read in the car.
- Avoid eating food that makes your stomach sensitive, like greasy, heavy, or spicy foods.
- Get some fresh air if you can by sitting near an open window.
- Try some ginger. Many people get some relief by eating or drinking things that contain ginger. Drink some ginger ale, eat some ginger cookies, or try some powdered ginger capsules.
- Have some snacks. For some people, eating a light snack such as crackers or drinking water can help relieve the queasy feeling.
- Keep your eyes on the road. The act of looking down for long periods of time (like at a screen in your hands) can exacerbate the problem. Keep your head up so your body motion matches what your eyes are seeing.
Here at Sun State Ford, we hope these tips help you to have better car trips with your family. Which method do you find the most effective for combating car sickness?